Those of you who have children will sit and nod your head at the following truths of what we have to deal with, scream “Amen, sister!” when you read the devastating fact that some beauty bloggers out there would never admit to but it has to be done and admittedly, has to be bought into light that there is no ‘perfect’ skincare routine, or ‘perfect’ way to apply make-up or infact, buy make-up... Below, you are about to embark in what could be the truth you’re yet to discover or the harsh reality of what is my life as a blogger with a 2 year old...
- Shower time consists of a 5minute rush between eating breakfast or having her favourite programme on TV which means deep conditioning, perfectly shaved legs and face masks are a no-go.
- Doing my hair after a shower is again, something that is short lived. I’d be lucky if I manage to get the hairdryer out and dry my hair properly without being mauled and crawled on or a brush being taken to her own hair and getting into a knotty mess!
- Washing make-up brushes. Yes. Big shock. I get chance to wash my make-up brushes probably once a month because for all of you non-mom’s, you can leave them out to dry without little hands getting them and trying to paint the walls...
- ‘Skincare routine’ - what routine? My skincare routine consists of removing makeup, a quick face wash in the shower, moisturise and apply makeup. I don’t have time or frankly the energy to stand at my sink for 15 minutes in the morning and again at night, come 9:30pm, I just want my bed.
- Which leads me onto the use of baby wipes for pretty much everything. Cleaning the bathroom - yep. Taking off makeup - yep. Wiping down my makeup brush handles - yep. Cleaning the mirrors - yep. You name it, a baby wipe can clean it!
- I also don’t take off my makeup every night, because who has time for that?
- Buying new makeup can make you feel so guilty, but sometimes, you just need to treat yourself. Forget about buying nappies, and medicines, and little fruit snacks for just one day. You can do that again tomorrow, right?
- Ever tried to paint your nails with a toddler running riot? You can bet that if they don’t get their hands on the bottle first, that as soon as you’re all painted, they’ll poo, or wee and you have to change them. Nail painting only ever happens after 8:30pm.
- Buying ‘baby’ cotton pads from Boots to claim the 10 points per £1.00 bonus through the Parentclub (that may be a tip for some of you!) DO IT! Go and boost those points so you can treat yourself in the Christmas sales!
- Taking photos for your blog can be a quick 5/10 minute job if you have good lighting and know what you’re doing, add a curious 2 year old into the mix and you’re looking at the most stressful 20 minutes of your life. Wanting to be in the photo, or take the photo, or moving the tripod/objects you’re trying to take photos of... Yeah, you get the picture.
- And of course, if your toddler sees you applying makeup day in, day out, chances are they’re going to want to try it themselves...
Hopefully, for those of you who don’t have children, who have the luxury of spending an hour to get ready in the morning, who can apply their makeup without feeling like someone is holding a gun to your head, you can see what a struggle it can be for those of us that do and that when we apologise for not having done a video or put a post up, you now know why!
Can you relate to any of these though? If you can, please let me know so I know that I’m not alone!